My photo
I am a girl/woman/human who has random thoughts. Sometimes you can find me here rambling, other times i might have useful stuff to say. For the most part, my friends and family can see what I might be up to in the days events. Or, for sake of sakes, its all made up... only i know.. and MAYBE a select few of you! Either way~ I am an American living in Australia. Oh, and any photo you see on this blog IS NOT FOR YOUR USE. If I have taken the photo myself or have permission to use it, YOU CAN NOT USE IT FOR YOURSELF. So be warned... and just dont use my damn photos.

National Geographic Photo of the Day

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

For goodness sake.. do not gather in groups of 10 or more or look like your having fun!

Do you remember being a kid and playing in the park? I grew up at the park... spent many days and nights in the park being active. I recall ice skating on the rinks until my toes were too cold to feel anything... and then I would still skate for another 2 hours. I recall the days of playing football, field hockey, basketball, dodgeball, handball... you get the idea.

As kids we never acted up or "got out of hand". We never, NEVER got in trouble by the neighbors while we were at the park. But, back in those days, you knew your momma had every right to sit your a** down and give you a good talking too....and if you were REALLY bad, you knew that the nearest adult had the right (only if your parent wasnt available immediately). Either way, as kids, we knew that if we stepped out of line.. there would be consequences... and most of the time they would be severe enough to overtake any bit of fun we had getting caught.

There is a park in California (Costa Mesa area) which has banned team sports (classified as any activity with 10 or more people involved). Council planted trees & boulders to help control the ban of team sports being conducted in the park. All because of some "periodic complaints" about noise & safety from nearby homeowners.

Serious? So no one can be a kid anymore? You cant get the neighborhood kids together and have a game of ball... what happens if 4 of you are playing hopscotch and 3 are playing handball, and 3 of you are talking... is that a group activity?

Oh but in being fair... parents can not be parents anymore. Parents do not want to take any responsibility for their children or actions. Dang, parents do not even want to know where the kids are most of the time anymore. (obv I am not talking about EACH parent, but a large % of parents have become blah-zey about it all).


But then again, how many kids do you see outside riding bikes? Mowing lawn? Helping with the gardens? Playing with the other kids on the block? Pretty few.

Who knows.. maybe this ban is only applicable to the fit and healthier (lifestyle) of adults who choose to be active and partake in activities with their friends.
"Signs, signs, everywhere a sign
Blocking out the scenery, breaking my mind
Do this, don't do that, can't you read the sign"

No comments: