My photo
I am a girl/woman/human who has random thoughts. Sometimes you can find me here rambling, other times i might have useful stuff to say. For the most part, my friends and family can see what I might be up to in the days events. Or, for sake of sakes, its all made up... only i know.. and MAYBE a select few of you! Either way~ I am an American living in Australia. Oh, and any photo you see on this blog IS NOT FOR YOUR USE. If I have taken the photo myself or have permission to use it, YOU CAN NOT USE IT FOR YOURSELF. So be warned... and just dont use my damn photos.

National Geographic Photo of the Day

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Blueprint



I was paging thru a magazine this morning and stumbled upon an advertisement for a book titled "Blueprint". Its a story about Arielle, who lives in Heaven and she is going to be reincarnated to Earth for another shot at life.



The trick? She has invited her friends to dinner, and they friends plan her next life.


Can you imagine? Wow... that was a bit of a thought provoker... my friends will plan my next life? Yikes! That in itself, would really make you assess & analyze your current friend list.


I thought back for a moment at where I was emotionally 15 years ago. I thought of my friends at that time... gawd, if THEY planned my next life... it would be a roller coaster of dramas, good times, laughter, confusion, and a lot of hard moments.


If I go back 10 years ago, those friends would have created a life of a good time, just a bit of drama, laughter, slight confusion, and a few hard moments.


Looking at my present list of friends, I am confident that my friends would give me a "next life" filled with love, laughter, good times, extremely little drama and minimal hard moments ( I believe you need a bit of drama in order to appreciate things as well a few hard times to appreciate the good) and really no confusion.


Its funny as I look at my current list of friends. I realize how much I have grown as a person and how much more impact and value I place in myself, and my friends, over the years. All of it is a part of growing up but its also a part of being okay with yourself and your environment. I believe that our friends, like our environment (home, work, social, community, etc) reflect us as an individual. You are guilty by association of your friends. I really appreciate my friends, and I love the fact that I can look at my current friendships and be proud of who I am, who my friends are, and where we are all at.


That being said, all those past friendships have allowed me to grow and realize a lot of things in life... thats what friendships are about. But for who I want planning my next life... I want my current friends, and I am OH SO THANKFUL for each of them, and for those choices of whom I have wanted to include closely in my life.




Think about it... would you be happy with your current friends planning your next life?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hear, hear! I agree wholeheartedly with everything. Guess that means my friends are equally terrific. not surprising really, considering one of them is In a little Minute herself!

InALittleMinute said...

Ah..a warm & fuzzy moment. Thanks!