- I am a girl/woman/human who has random thoughts. Sometimes you can find me here rambling, other times i might have useful stuff to say. For the most part, my friends and family can see what I might be up to in the days events. Or, for sake of sakes, its all made up... only i know.. and MAYBE a select few of you! Either way~ I am an American living in Australia. Oh, and any photo you see on this blog IS NOT FOR YOUR USE. If I have taken the photo myself or have permission to use it, YOU CAN NOT USE IT FOR YOURSELF. So be warned... and just dont use my damn photos.
Sunday, March 30, 2008
Saturday, March 29, 2008
Thursday, March 27, 2008
Just think how many Egg McMuffins must be sold in a day, in most countries? Damn, thats alot isnt it? I sat and thought about the last few times i was wandering by a McDonalds and all the people who happened to be eating a McMuffin while i was walking thru...
- the kids in the soccer jerseys
- the "ladies" having a morning gossip session
- the crew of oldies waiting for the bowls session to begin
- the teenagers dressed like they hate themselves
- the hungover people wishing those babies would stop screaming
In being honest, I must say that i do remember those Egg McMuffin's tasting much better many years ago. Then again, I couldnt tell you the last time i had McDonalds.. oh wait, i tell a lie.. the last time i had anything it was an ice cream sundae (one for me one for champagne sally) this past summer, and before that, it was on the way to the Kite Festival when Joanie came to visit.
Heres the question tho that really needs to be answered: So, did the Bacon Egg McMuffin or the Sausage Egg McMuffin idea come first?
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
I also made a "PARTY BALL" which, for whatever reason did NOT turn out to be ball form.. i have my own conclusions on that one, but not important. Well, needless to say, no ball for the outcome, more of a square pattern ... what was i to do? well, quite simply, i was to thank my luck stars that i had purchased one of those little dip platters from GONE BONKERS and all was fine in my world again. My friends, in fact my very dear precious friends, we can call them "HG" & "FG" have heaps of great stuff at that store. And yes, I do have to control myself when shopping there, its like a "great wonderland of BARGAINS" to be had! Anyway, the days events were interesting, i was amazed to watch as an outsider the different familiy dynamics that occured (compared to my own Dysfunction Junction Family Episodes).
Thursday, March 20, 2008
Etymology: Middle English estre, from Old English ēastre; akin to Old High German ōstarun (plural) Easter, Old English ēast east
Date: before 12th century
: a feast that commemorates Christ's resurrection and is observed with variations of date due to different calendars on the first Sunday after the paschal full moon
- Palm Sunday celebrates Jesus' entry into Jerusalem. The crosses used in service are converted to ash, for use in Ash Wednesday services.
- Ash Wednesday sees the forehead of a person with ash in the shape of a cross. This is to symbolize penitence and mortality. Lent begins.
- 40 days of Lent occur, prayer and penance are praciticed.
- When Jesus washed the feet of his disciples and established the ceremony known as the Eucharist, it was called the Last Supper (aka Maundy Thursday, when Judas betrayed Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane.
- Good Friday, commemorates the crucifixion of Jesus and is a day of mourning in church.
- Easter Sunday see the Churches filled with color and joyful hymns being sung. This day celebrates the resurrection of Jesus.
- Pentecost (7th Sunday after Easter) is derived from a Jewish harvest festival called Shavuot. The apostles were celebrating this festival when the Holy Spirit descended on them. Pentecost marks the birth of the Christian Church as well.
- Ascension Day (40 days AFTER Easter) represents the last appearance of Jesus. The Christian belief is that Jesus ascends into Heaven at this time.
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Monday, March 17, 2008
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
i have wanted to do this blog thing for so long
- i am addicted to these blogs... i can spend forever reading others blogs
- i love to see what intrigues people to write, comment, or just post
- is this blog for me? my friends? my family? the strangers who might become friends?
- is it some sort of process which i need to do, to get back in touch with me again?
- i am nervous, what if no one reads this thing?
- i am petrified that my words could be taken the wrong way and offend
- i am anxious to "detail" my life
- oh goodness, what if my life isnt thrilling?
- what happens if i dont know what to write?
Hopefully it gets better.. at the moment i am still trying to learn all these cool things and tricks... stay tuned, theres more to come!~