My photo
I am a girl/woman/human who has random thoughts. Sometimes you can find me here rambling, other times i might have useful stuff to say. For the most part, my friends and family can see what I might be up to in the days events. Or, for sake of sakes, its all made up... only i know.. and MAYBE a select few of you! Either way~ I am an American living in Australia. Oh, and any photo you see on this blog IS NOT FOR YOUR USE. If I have taken the photo myself or have permission to use it, YOU CAN NOT USE IT FOR YOURSELF. So be warned... and just dont use my damn photos.

National Geographic Photo of the Day

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Birthday Dinner




Last night we had a small group of us go out for my bday dinner. The events took us to the best Indian food on the coast, which luckily happens to be about 5 minutes from my house. Firestick J came along and it was her first time eating Indian.. i think shes hooked! There was chatter that the Onion Bhaji will become a regular take-away item from the restaurant. Love it.


It was wonderful to be blessed with family & friends who we have adopted into our family. There were drinks and cheers, laughter and no tears (sorry, but it rhymed so i had to), great conversations, and fantastic presents. I specifically said no presents, but everyone paid no attention and got me really cool presents. Thanks heaps!


As a tradition, my mom made me a cake. Last year she created a Tinkerbell cake (due to my nickname, Tinker) and we all agreed that it sort of looked like Tinkerbell on acid.. but it was fantastic.. personally I think Tinkerbell looked like a little slut with the hand on the hips, but she did a fantastic job regardless. Here is last years cake:


This year, she surprised me with a Marilyn Monroe (Andy Warhol style) and can I tell ya... IMPRESSIVE. Have a look...



I think mom might have found her calling. Cake decorator extraordinaire.


I will come back and post a few more things... but for now.. I'm off to my acupuncture appointment. Oh, and by the way, so far I am loving having a week off from work. I'm enjoying it so much that I am not even the slightest concerned how its going over there... I think I am truly in my holiday mood.


Special thanks to Fighting Mad Mary who gave me a blogger birthday mention... didn't expect that, but loved it to bits.. check it out http://whereisgoodservice.blogspot.com/ plus she has a really cool blog in general. Oh, and Day-Z the dog is adorable.


Thank you to everyone who sent birthday greetings. I wish you could of all been here to help celebrate, but you were with us in spirit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a fabulous night - we're so pleased to have been able to celebrate your birthday with you! Always a great time with your family. may there be many more fun times together to cherish.