My photo
I am a girl/woman/human who has random thoughts. Sometimes you can find me here rambling, other times i might have useful stuff to say. For the most part, my friends and family can see what I might be up to in the days events. Or, for sake of sakes, its all made up... only i know.. and MAYBE a select few of you! Either way~ I am an American living in Australia. Oh, and any photo you see on this blog IS NOT FOR YOUR USE. If I have taken the photo myself or have permission to use it, YOU CAN NOT USE IT FOR YOURSELF. So be warned... and just dont use my damn photos.

National Geographic Photo of the Day

Friday, July 11, 2008


Albert Baladi, Managing Director
Yum! Restaurants International South Pacific
20 Rodborough Road
Frenchs Forest, NSW 2086
Australia



10 July 2008


Dear Mr Baladi,
I’ve been in Australia filming Big Brother, in which my housemates and I are confined and sealed off from the outside world, much like the chickens who are crammed inside barns for KFC. Fortunately, I won’t be stomped to death, have my legs broken or be scalded to death in a tank of hot water – yet, as PETA’s undercover videos have revealed, the chickens raised for KFC’s restaurants in Australia often suffer these abuses.


Following negotiations with PETA, KFC Canada has agreed to make landmark animal welfare reforms, including phasing in the purchase of 100 per cent of its chicken from suppliers that use controlled-atmosphere killing (CAK), which is the least cruel method of slaughter. KFC Canada has also agreed to implement stricter audits of suppliers, and it will offer a vegan faux-chicken menu item at most of its restaurants. Please use your position as head of KFC in Australia to stop the worst abuses that these birds suffer by asking David Novak, CEO of Yum! Brands, to make the improvements already agreed to by KFC Canada.

Thank you for your time.

Pamela Anderson

This was the letter presented to KFC on the Gold Coast from Pamela Anderson. I have copied it from the PETA website. I am so pleased that she has made an impact on her time in Australia. When i had found out that she was doing the Big Brother show, my heart was shattered in disbelief of what the woman is capable of accomplishing. With her celebrity stature and knowledge of PETA and for what she stands for, I was hoping she would do more than just be a face in the house. Thank goodness.... she has stood up for her beliefs and is trying to educate not ONLY KFC on their cruel and inhuman practices, but also people in Australia who might not be aware of the impact that the fast food industry is doing. She is speaking for those who can not speak for themselves. I am glad that she has stood up and taken a stand and made sure she is being heard for what she believes.

Oh- and for all those readers who are not in Australia... a major sponsor of Big Brother Tv series is .......KFC.... which Pamela responded by stating that it didnt matter, KFC was still doing the wrong thing and Big Brother paid her a large sum of money to do the show.

Maybe I secretly love the extra slap in the face to Big Brother and KFC... here they have paid the blonde bombshell sh**loads of money, and shes turned around and slapped them with a letter and publicity of KFC's treatment of chickens and hopes for animal welfare reform much like she succeeded in Canada's reform.

Oh, and regarding the comments on yesterdays post... love it! Good discussion and great involvement! Kudos to you!



No comments: