My photo
I am a girl/woman/human who has random thoughts. Sometimes you can find me here rambling, other times i might have useful stuff to say. For the most part, my friends and family can see what I might be up to in the days events. Or, for sake of sakes, its all made up... only i know.. and MAYBE a select few of you! Either way~ I am an American living in Australia. Oh, and any photo you see on this blog IS NOT FOR YOUR USE. If I have taken the photo myself or have permission to use it, YOU CAN NOT USE IT FOR YOURSELF. So be warned... and just dont use my damn photos.

National Geographic Photo of the Day

Friday, February 26, 2010

Doing the Jig

It seems so many people lately are all about doom & gloom.. granted I can sometimes be ‘not so happy’ sometimes too.. but everyone lately seems to be highlighting all this shit thats wrong with their life.

You ask someone, ‘How are you?’ and its a 40 minute conversation on each detail of all the bad crap going on in their life. Directly or indirectly, it doesnt matter, but if they know of “a friend of a friend of a friend twice divorced once related to the birth mother of Ron who use to live down the street whose mother was the crazy lady who ate nuts  and she married her cousin, but they werent sure of all that cuz thats how things rolled back then.. well, his 2nd wife… she’s on a puree food diet.. is that horrible?”

I’m serious. Its been happening. Everywhere.

So, whats a girl to do? Well, I would like to smack the crap out of these people and tell them I dont give a Sh*t, that I really want to know how they are.. but then I figure I got enough of my sh*t in my head to deal with… so…

I just smile and do a little jig.. and try to shake the ugly away from me. 

C’mon people, lighten up a bit, we all have sh*t and know people with sh*t, but seriously man.. you gotta lighten up and try to smile and enjoy SOME of the day.  And if you dont.. you will see me walking away, smiling, doing a little jig. And yes, My Ass Does Look Good In These Jeans.

3 comments:

Mentally Incontinent said...

Melancholy has a proper place, but that place is not upon one's shoulder. I put up a post just for you. Also, we're waiting for a pic of those jeans. . .

Tilda said...

OK so i want to see this jig...but i also want to smile and bring some joy to your life! I think i may need a night on the beach tonight!

JEZ said...

Try working at a hospital. It took me a long time to stop asking patients "how are you?" They are in the hospital, afterall. What was I expecting for an answer??