My photo
I am a girl/woman/human who has random thoughts. Sometimes you can find me here rambling, other times i might have useful stuff to say. For the most part, my friends and family can see what I might be up to in the days events. Or, for sake of sakes, its all made up... only i know.. and MAYBE a select few of you! Either way~ I am an American living in Australia. Oh, and any photo you see on this blog IS NOT FOR YOUR USE. If I have taken the photo myself or have permission to use it, YOU CAN NOT USE IT FOR YOURSELF. So be warned... and just dont use my damn photos.

National Geographic Photo of the Day

Friday, August 14, 2009

ICAAP

The 9th International Congress on AIDS in Asia and the Pacific was held in Bali this past week. Lots of progress & discussions were conducted. And... it was stated that extensive research which has been conducted in Thailand, USA, and the Philippines showed that circumcision is an effective way to avoid the spread of HIV/AIDS. Pretty amazing that they have publicly stated this, but its been on the discussion boards for years.

Now... you must realize all sorts of factors are going to come into play. Cultural & Social & Political factors are probably the major ones. However, economic will also come into effect. Anyway, keep your eyes posted on any upcoming news on the issue.. should be interesting!

Wonder if this is also related to some of the studies done which support uncircumcised men and the relation to cervical cancers?

Boy, cleanliness & hygiene... how important in todays world isnt it? For more than just the obvious!

For more info on ICAAP.. check out their website:

http://www.icaap9.org/index.php?id_pages=1

No comments: