My photo
I am a girl/woman/human who has random thoughts. Sometimes you can find me here rambling, other times i might have useful stuff to say. For the most part, my friends and family can see what I might be up to in the days events. Or, for sake of sakes, its all made up... only i know.. and MAYBE a select few of you! Either way~ I am an American living in Australia. Oh, and any photo you see on this blog IS NOT FOR YOUR USE. If I have taken the photo myself or have permission to use it, YOU CAN NOT USE IT FOR YOURSELF. So be warned... and just dont use my damn photos.

National Geographic Photo of the Day

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Cheer


Such a classic movie and so true about so many things. I love this time of year, but I hate how some people become so obsessed with finding the gift for someone. I dislike how its turned into a monetary holiday. I have fond memories of spending christmas with no money sipping hot chocolate, singing christmas songs, playing in the snow, watching the storm from inside, playing cards, watching a movie (A Christmas Story was always a favorite for everyone), and just being with family and friends.
Please remember the holidays season isnt about making sure you get the perfect gift, or any gift. Its about more than just a bottle of perfume or that really nice top from Macy's.
And the holidays are much more enjoyable knowing that you didnt have to spend time with that gumpy sales lady who really didnt want to wrap your present for you which you bought at the 20% off table! Just enjoy the holidays and enjoy the magic that you make from it.
It can be a great time of year, filled with holiday cheer.

2 comments:

Angel said...

ya know...I used to hate that movie with a passion. But they show it every Christmas for 24 hours straight and it kind of grew on me. We watch it all the time now...it's my daughter's favorite holiday movie!!!

Anonymous said...

as someone working in retail, it is very easy to become cynical about Christmas - don't see a lot of peace and goodwill on earth at all. However, I always watch the English film Love, Actually at this time of year to cheer myself up. If you haven't seen it, do. Amazing cast, and a really heartening message.