My photo
I am a girl/woman/human who has random thoughts. Sometimes you can find me here rambling, other times i might have useful stuff to say. For the most part, my friends and family can see what I might be up to in the days events. Or, for sake of sakes, its all made up... only i know.. and MAYBE a select few of you! Either way~ I am an American living in Australia. Oh, and any photo you see on this blog IS NOT FOR YOUR USE. If I have taken the photo myself or have permission to use it, YOU CAN NOT USE IT FOR YOURSELF. So be warned... and just dont use my damn photos.

National Geographic Photo of the Day

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Ah the single life




All my life, I have had a garbage disposal where I have lived. Its a standard thing in apartments and houses for rent in Minnesota. Here, in Australia, not so much. In fact, minimal! Its an odd thing to me how people can get by without one. Maybe its just that they have never had one, so they dont know the beauty of the machine. Im not really sure, but I do know that FINALLY I am getting one for my townhouse! Yippee!

And as excited as I am about the whole "new freedom" in my kitchen, theres a part of me that is finding it very strange that A GARBAGE DISPOSAL is thrilling to me. Eh..whatever.. its the simple things I find joy in, right?

Anyway, soon, it will be a chopping fest in my kitchen, and a much more environmentally friendly house as well (the amount of food in wastelands which emit greenhouse gases is shocking...thanks to my friend FG for that tidbit!).

So... in a week or so I will have an updated kitchen with one fantastic amenity! WoooHoo....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the idealised scene of domestic bliss on the front of the unit -straight out of Mad Men.maybe the husband bought it for his wife's birthday, and now she's thinking of feeding him into it piece by piece for being so sexist!Obviously, you have to read between the lines quite a bit.haha