- Turn the tap OFF while you brush your teeth. Have a cup handy for rinses.
- Fit a flow regulator & an aerator on your taps to reduce the water flow
- Install dual flush toilets (if you havent already that is...a dual flush unit can save up to 8 litres of water every half flush & 6 litres of water every full flush)
In the garden:
- Water plants at the roots NOT the leaves
- Group plants together which require similiar water needs
- Mulch can reduce evaporation by up to 70%...thats heaps less water wastage, and more time not in the garden on the weekends!
- Use a detergent which is environmentally friendly (less suds generally)
- Try to hang your clothes on a drying rack rather than using the dryer (sorry, had to add that one!)
- Make full use of your washing machine... dont do 4 small loads if you can do 1 large load
- Use your cold water option as much as you can
- Run the dishwasher when its FULL
- A smaller sink will keep your water warmer longer. The larger the sink, the more you tend to fill it up
So my fellow blog readers.. what tips do you have to save water? Lets get a list of comments going on some simple, everyday water wise solutions. Tell me your tips for saving on water around the home & garden.... I am curious as to how good of a list you can come up with.