My photo
I am a girl/woman/human who has random thoughts. Sometimes you can find me here rambling, other times i might have useful stuff to say. For the most part, my friends and family can see what I might be up to in the days events. Or, for sake of sakes, its all made up... only i know.. and MAYBE a select few of you! Either way~ I am an American living in Australia. Oh, and any photo you see on this blog IS NOT FOR YOUR USE. If I have taken the photo myself or have permission to use it, YOU CAN NOT USE IT FOR YOURSELF. So be warned... and just dont use my damn photos.

National Geographic Photo of the Day

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Sympathy vs. Manners

I had a few things to pick up today from the grocery store. When I was done shopping and putting my bags in my car, I noticed the trolley boy lugging the row of shopping trolleys towards me. I am ALWAYS one of those people who puts the trolley/cart away when I am done but I do realize many people do not, and its irritating. Anyway, so the trolley boy, who looks to be just a fresh 17, Ipod screaming thru his brain, walks up to me and starts handing me my groceries... bag by bag.

I was dumbfounded. Was this boy here to help as he wanted my trolley? Did he have manners? Was he thinking I was old and fragile and needed help with the kitty litter bag?

Honestly speechless.

Im going to bank on that his family brought him up with manners, and thats why he was helping me. And the fact he wanted my cart. I was really touched that a young boy showed me what a young man could do. I havent seen that in a while. It was nice to see. Kudos to you and your family.

It was only when I was leaving the parking lot that I thought:" Oh Gawd, I hope he didnt think I was OLD and thats why he was helping me!"

HA!

1 comment:

Angel said...

wow....that hasn't happened to me in a longgg time. I remember YEARS ago, the "bag boy" would always take your cart to your car and unload your groceries for you. not anymore!

I say thanks to his parents.