It was pointed out to me today that its been 17 years (June) that I graduated from High School. Holy Beejibbers… 17 years… wow.. that really flew by.
Here are a few snippets of what I have learned in 17 years since not being in High School (of course, its not everything, but I only have so much writing space so bear with me):
In no particular order of importance
- I love my life
- I know its important to enjoy life and live for what makes you content in your heart.. whatever that is
- You will never live up to the expectations set forth upon you
- You must live the path you choose, live it well
- You can live a really nice comfortable and happy life without having to be married or attached to another person
- I like making my own decisions.. however good or bad they may be
- I do not have to like everyone
- I do not need thousands of friends
- I enjoy my quality & quantity of great friendships
- I like spending time with my own company
- I am strong & independent. If you dont like it, not my problem
- If I dont like what I am doing, I can change it
- If I dont want to change what I am doing, I have learned how to justify it…yep.
- I love to travel & dive into new cultures. The whole armchair traveller is NOT me. Give me experiences, let me speak to the people, I want to know how they live, I want to see their world thru their eyes.. not a thru a cabana lounge or lonely planet
- I spend money to travel rather than having the latest technology or newest car
- I am loved
- I love
- I give my love to those who are worthy of it. No need to waste my gifts on those otherwise
- I have learned to see who is worthy and who is not so worthy much quicker than I previously had
- I value myself more and more each day
- Its important to be honest, I cant lie for shit, and I dont really appreciate those who lie to themselves either
- If you dont love yourself…then why the hell not? Who else is gonna otherwise?
- I can have any job. I have had many jobs (just ask Sabrina.. she knows my resume) but as I get older, I give more thoughts to the ramifications of the economic condition before leaving one job for another
- Learn to analyze things
- Take risks
- Proceed with caution
- Somedays, run like hell towards whatever you choose. Dont think about it
- You will get hurt in life. You need to learn to overcome it. Cry it out, and move on
- Be true to yourself
- Protect yourself
- Find a moment each day that you can relish in and be in that moment, even if its just for a 30 second pause in your day
- Take care of your car – wash it, polish it, love it
- Out of sight, mostly out of mind.. it seems to be a general thing
- Most people who you believe should never lie to you, will.
- You can love a whole heap of people thru the years and still be happy that you come home to your house with just the cat waiting for you
- I am educated and can have thought provoking conversations
- I have true friends who know the real me
- I have secrets
- My experiences in life have not only taught me, but also others
Wow.. 17 years.. I always thought I had commitment issues, but after hearing that I have put 17 years into becoming the person I am, learning along the way, and showing the world what I am capable of as an independent adult… quite a good accomplishment if I do say so myself.
Funny thing is, I remember when I heard about the 5 year reunion… I laughed it off…today, the laughter was not my first response to the 17 years!
I can still remember those days. Filled with so much… of everything… and yet nothing… just new to the world… finding yourself… discovering the world…
And now, here i sit, ready to go to bed at 10 pm on a friday cuz work was crazy this week. Oh the times, they are a changing…